One of my favorite pieces of music: Samuel Barber's Violin Concerto

Samuel Barber is one of my all-time favorite composers, and his violin concerto is one of my favorite musical works. Violin Concerto Op.14 was written in 1939 when Samuel Barber was about 30 years old. This violin concerto has three "movements" or sections, hence the three videos below.

Giora Schmidt is the violin soloist, and the orchestra is the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra

First Movement: Allegro


Second Movement: Andante


Third Movement: Presto

Comments

  1. My older sister peformed this with the Gov's School for the Arts symphony orchestra her frshman year. Pavel Ilyashov from the VA symphony was the soloist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great classical piece of music. Giora Schmidt is very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts, ideas, questions, and input here for the world to see! I hope to answer everything I can.

Popular posts from this blog